Alleluia: Spiritus Domini (Nicolle des Celliers de Hesdin)
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2018-04-06). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 283 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original print, Mensurstrich layout, original key signature and note values, clefs modernized, musica ficta clearly marked, ligatures indicated by ┌──┐
- MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2010-09-15). Score information: Letter, 11 pages, 579 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: N. Gombert: Opera omnia, ed. J. Schmidt-Görg, CMM vol. vi. Notation here is at the original key, time values halved. Translation, text underlay and musica ficta by John Hetland and The Renaissance Street Singers.
Title: Alleluia: Spiritus Domini
Composer: Nicolle des Celliers de Hesdin
Description: Originally attributed to Gombert, this piece is now attributed to Hesdin by Grove Music Online: "Gombert also seems unlikely as the composer of Alleluia spiritus Domini, included in the first edition of a print devoted to his five-voice motets: he does not appear to have played any part in assembling the collection, and the transparent texture of the music, with its frequent antiphonal writing, contrasts sharply with his normal practice. The motet accords stylistically with Hesdin’s more securely attributed compositions, however, so its attribution to him in the Ferrarese print RISM 15397 probably deserves credence."
Original text and translations