Andreas Christi famulus (Thomas Crecquillon)
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2020-03-07). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 363 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original pitch (for SSAATTBB or SSATTTBB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from both printed sources listed below.
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2015-10-24). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 1.27 MB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor 3rd
- Editor: Nancho Alvarez (submitted 2009-09-14). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 156 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Attributed to Cristóbal de Morales
Title: Andreas Christi famulus (2.p. Dilexit Andream Dominus)
Composer: Thomas Crecquillon
First published: 1564 in Berg & Neuber, Thesaurus musicus, Volume 1, no. 26 (attributed to Morales)
2nd published: 1576 in Phalèse, Opus sacrarum cantionum ... Thomæ Criquillon ... (4–6 & 8vv) (attributed to Crecquillon)
This work is included in Volume 5 of the Opera Omnia by Thomas Crecquillon, to whom it is now confidently attributed:
- CMM 063-05, no.1 Andreas Christi famulus - Dilexit Andream
(Published by the American Institute of Musicology; on the website, you cannot find which sources were used.)
On the other hand, this work can also be found in Volume 1 Thesaurus Musicus (1564). The author given in the table of contents is Moralis.
RISM (currently) knows no Andreas Christi famulus of Thomas Crecquillon. Under Cristóbal de Morales are listed - in addition to the 5-part version - also manuscripts of an 8-part version:
whereby reference is made to the printed version in the Thesaurus musicus from 1564.
Original text and translations
Andreas Christi famulus,
dignus Deo Apostolus
et in passione socius.
Dilexit Andream Dominus,
in odorem suavitatis.
O Iesu Christe
ora pro nobis.