Blind Love was shooting (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-28). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 39 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A reformatting of #10075, with the repeat written out in full. Revised files uploaded 24/01/17. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-28). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 21 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-11). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 32 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright 2004 by V.M.Brennan
Title: Blind Love was shooting
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Published: 1598 in Canzonets to Four Voices.
Original text and translations
Blind Love was shooting,
and loosing off his arrow
he kill'd his mother's sparrow,
and tracing forth his footing,
his mother, Venus spied it,
before the boy could hide it.