Down from above (Thomas Bateson)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-12). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Revised files uploaded 02/02/17. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 43 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 32 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Down from above
Composer: Thomas Bateson
Description: No. 9 from The First Set of English Madrigals to 3, 4, 5, and 6 voices (Thomas Bateson)
Original text and translations
Down from above falls Jove in rain,
Into fair Danae's lap amain,
She starts thereat, she starts thereat,
Yet lamblike still,
At last performeth all his will,
Both high and low such golden gifts,
Will put their conscience to the shift.