Draw on, sweet night (John Wilbye)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-12-23). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 102 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #436, with minor corrections to the underlay. Scored for SSAATB. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2007-09-03). Score information: A4, 11 pages Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-30). Score information: Letter, 12 pages, 108 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 75 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 1999-03-25). Score information: Letter, 10 pages, 163 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Draw on, sweet night
Composer: John Wilbye
Description: No. 31 from The 2nd Set of Madrigals
Original text and translations
Draw on, Sweet Night, friend unto those cares
That do arise from painful melancholy.
My life so ill through want of comfort fares,
that unto thee I consecrate it wholly.
Sweet Night, draw on
My griefs when they be told to shades
and darkness find some ease from paining,
And while thou all in silence dost enfold,
I then shall have best time for my complaining.