Lady, if I through grief (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-22). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14963, with corrections. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-03-14). Score information: Letter, 10 pages, 695 kB Copyright: [[ChoralWiki:GnuGPL]|GnuGPL]]]
- Edition notes: in partbook format
Title: Lady, if I through grief
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Lady, if I through grief and your disdaining,
Judged be to live in hell eternally remaining,
Of those my burning flames, well shall I rest contented,
O but you I wail, who there must be tormented.
For when I shall behold you, alone your eyes will so delight me,
That no great pain can once affright me.
But this, alas, O would have killed me, do not doubt you,
There to have been alone without you.