Born: 08 September 1783
Died: 02 September 1872
Biography (From wiki)
Nikolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig (8 September 1783 – 2 September 1872; Danish pronunciation: [ˈneɡolaɪ̯ˀ ˈfʁæˀðʁæɡ ˈsɛʋəʁin ˈɡʁɔndʋi]), most often referred to as N. F. S. Grundtvig or just Grundtvig, was a Danish pastor, author, poet, philosopher, historian, teacher and politician. He was one of the most influential people in Danish history, as his philosophy gave rise to a new form of nationalism in the last half of the 19th century. It was steeped in the national literature and supported by deep spirituality.
Grundtvig holds a unique position in the cultural history of his country. Grundtvig and his followers are credited with being very influential in the formulation of modern Danish national consciousness. He was active during the Danish Golden Age, but his style of writing and fields of reference are not immediately accessible to a foreigner, thus his international importance does not match that of his contemporaries Hans Christian Andersen and Søren Kierkegaard.
View the Wikipedia article on N.F.S. Grundtvig.
- Denne er Dagen, som Herren har gjort (Carl Nielsen)
- Der er en Bøn paa Jorden (Carl Nielsen)
- Der er en Vej (Carl Nielsen)
- Det er et Under paa Verdens Ø (Carl Nielsen)
- Fra himlen kom en engel klar (Traditional)
- Kommer hid, I piger små (Christoph Ernst Friedrich Weyse)
- Moders navn er en himmelsk lyd (Henrik Rung)
- O du Guds Lam (Eyolf Østrem)
- Påskeblomst! hvad vil du her? (Carl Nielsen)
- Den signede dag (O day, full of grace) (Christoph Ernst Friedrich Weyse)
add web links here