O Lord, who gave the dawn (Tim Pratt)
- Editor: Tim Pratt (submitted 2011-01-03). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 166 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
Title: O Lord, who gave the dawn
Composer: Tim Pratt
First published: 2010
Original text and translations
1. O Lord, who gave the dawn its glow,
and charm to close of day,
you made all song and fragrance flow,
gave spring its magic sway:
deliver us, lest none should praise
for glories that all earth displays.
2. O Lord, who caused the streams to sing,
gave joy to forest trees,
you gave a song to lark on wing,
and chords to gentlest breeze:
deliver us, lest we should see
a day without a song set free.
3. O Lord, who heard the lonely trend
on that strange path of old,
you saw the Son of Man once shed
his blood from love untold:
deliver us, lest one age dawn
without a cross or crown of thorn.