- (Posted 2016-11-13) CPDL #41847:
- Editor: Peter Gerloff (submitted 2016-11-13). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 90 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In German and English.
- (Posted 2016-11-13) CPDL #41844:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2016-11-13). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 49 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Praise, my soul, the King of heaven
Composer: John Goss
Lyricist: Henry Francis Lyte
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Hymn Meter: 87. 87. 87
Original text and translations
1 Praise, my soul, the King of heaven,
To his feet thy tribute bring;
Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,
Who like me his praise should sing?
Praise the everlasting King.
2 Praise him for his grace and favour
To our fathers in distress;
Praise him still the same as ever,
Slow to chide and swift to bless:
Glorious in his faithfulness.
3 Fatherlike, he tends and spares us,
Well our feeble frame he knows;
In his hands he gently bears us,
Rescues us from all our foes:
Widely as his mercy flows.
4 Angels, help us to adore him;
Ye behold him face to face;
Sun and moon, bow down before him,
Dwellers all in time and space:
Praise with us the God of grace.