The peace of Christ pervades us (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2016-01-19). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 27 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: A hymn-anthem for choir use.
Description: A simple hymn-anthem for choir use. The use of both major and minor, as well as contrasting contemporary and Renaissance tonalities is to remind that Christ's/God's peace is both timeless and ageless yet spans all time and all ages, and is with us in times of sorrow and times of joy.
Original text and translations
1. The peace of Christ pervades us,
Between each breath, each thought;
We sense a pulse, a Presence,
Unsummoned, and yet sought.
2. The peace of Christ contains us,
An equiposing force
Among life's whirring circles,
Peace holds us through our course.
3. The peace of Christ extends us
Like tendon coaxing bone
To reach, a fluid movement,
Toward lives beyond our own.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.