There is a balm in Gilead (Traditional)
- Editor: J. Guy Stalnaker (submitted 2018-09-02). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 132 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: SATB with divisi
- Arranger: J. Guy Stalnaker
- Editor: William Long (submitted 2006-07-20). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: SS, tenor recorder
Title: There is a Balm in Gilead
Composer: Anonymous (Traditional)
First published: 2018
Description: Traditional spiritual.
There is a balm in Gilead,
to make the wounded whole,
there is a balm in Gilead,
to heal the sinsick soul.
1. Sometimes I feel discouraged,
and think my work's in vain
but then the Holy Spirit
revives my soul again.
2. If you cannot preach like Peter,
if you cannot preach like Paul,
you can tell the love of Jesus,
and say, "He died for all."
3. Don't ever feel discouraged,
for Jesus is your friend;
and if you lack for knowledge
he'll ne'er refuse to lend.