Through all the changing scenes of life (Thomas Clark)
- Editor: Edmund Gooch (submitted 2010-12-22). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 46 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The original order of staves in the source is 2d. - 1st. - [Instrumental Bass] in the symphonies, and Tenor - [Counter] - Treble - [Bass] - [Instrumental Bass] in the sung sections.
- The symphonies are printed in the source with the 2nd. part given on the Tenor stave: this has been given on the Counter stave in the present edition, and is given at the same octave here as in the source (it has not been transposed by an octave in transcription).
- The third and fourth stanzas of the text are printed after the music in the source and have here been underlaid editorially.
- MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Instruments: Instrumental introduction and interludes for two treble instruments and one bass instrument: sung sections for SATB with figured instrumental bass.
Published: 1809 in A Third Set of Psalm Tunes with Magnificat Nunc Dimittis and an Anthem (London), pp. 9-11.
Description: A setting of the first four stanzas of Psalm 34 in the metrical New Version, to a tune by Thomas Clark. Hymn Tune Index tune number 12868.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 34.