To celebrate thy praise, O Lord (Joseph Stephenson)
- Editor: Edmund Gooch (submitted 2011-01-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 28 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The alto part is printed in the alto clef in the source.
- The only indication of text in the source is the title 'Ps. 9th' and the opening words 'To Cellebrate &c.': the first four verses of the text have been underlaid editorially.
- The alto G on beat 3 of bar 11 does not have a natural in the source, but the tune is printed with a double barline separating beats 2 and 3 of this bar (i.e. separating the third and fourth lines of the tune): furthermore, there are examples elsewhere in Church Harmony of accidentals being repeated where they apply to more than one instance of the same note within a single bar, indicating that the accidentals only apply to the notes they immediately precede.
- MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Description: A setting of Psalm 9 in the metrical New Version. Hymn Tune Index tune number 2616.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 9.