Knowles (G Knowles)
- Editor: Tim Henderson (added 2008-06-21). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 80 kbytes Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Composer: G Knowles
Description: Hymn tune "Knowles" comes from "A companion to the Wesleyan hymn-book" : being a selection of two hundred and twenty-eight tunes, from the works of the most celebrated masters, comprising all the metres in the hymn-book and supplement : arranged in four parts, with accompaniments for the organ and piano forte : intended for use in Wesleyan congregations, classes, prayer-meetings, schools, and families : also a supplement of the most admired chants with plain directions for their use (1852) - Author: Wesley, John, 1703-1791.
Original text and translations
- Centre of our hopes thou art,
- End of our enlarged desires;
- Stamp thine image on our heart;
- Fll us now with heav'nly fires;
- Fill us now with heav'nly fires;
- Cemented by love divine,
- Seal our souls for ever thine.