Pase el agoa (Anonymous)
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2004-06-17). Score information: A4, 2 pages Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Chandra Maeder (submitted 2004-05-25). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 40 kbytes Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Previously hosted on external site. Uploaded to CPDL server 2007-11-23.
- CPDL #6608: [ ]Sibelius 3
- Editor: Philip Legge (submitted 2004-01-30). Score information: A4, 1 page, 76 kbytes Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised 2005-12-28 to correct an error in bass underlay at bar 18/19. Edition also included in the TUMS Busking Book.
Title: Pase el agoa
Composer: Anonymous, late-15th/early-16th Century composer
Description: Included in the manuscript collection Cancionero Musical de Palacio, Madrid (#446 according to edition by Barbieri)
Original text and translations
Galician-Portuguese and French text
French in bold
Pase el agoa, ma Julieta, Dama. Venite vous a moy.
Ju me'n anay en un vergel. Tres rosetas fui coller;
Ma Julioleta Dama, pase el agoa. Venite vous a moy.
by David Greagg, used with permission
Come to me across the water, my Lady Juliet. Come to me.
I went into the forest, there to pluck three roses.
My little Lady Juliet, come across the water. Come to me.