Prophetiae Sibyllarum - V. Sibylla Samia (Orlando di Lasso)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:51, 16 November 2008 by Francishemingway (improved text and added a reference to the source of the text.)
- Editor: Brian Russell (added 2008-02-18). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Files listed alphabetically by nationality and composer. Some composers have separate pages available from their country of origin page.
Title: Prophetiae Sibyllarum - V. Sibylla Samia
Composer: Orlando di Lasso
Original text and translations
- Ecce dies, nigras quae tollet laeta tenebras,
- Mox veniet, solvens nodosa volumina vatum
- Gentis Judaeae,referent, ut carmina plebis.
- Hunc poterunt, clarum virorum tangere regem,
- Humano quem virgo sinu inviolata fovebit.
- Annuit hoc coelum, rutinlantia sidera monstrant.
* The Poems of Orlando di Lasso's "Prophetiae Sibyllarum" and Their Sources * Author(s): Peter Bergquist * Source: Journal of the American Musicological Society, Vol. 32, No. 3 (Autumn, 1979), pp. 516-538 * Published by: University of California Press on behalf of the American Musicological Society * Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/831253