Born: 29 March 1751
Died: 9 June 1836
Supply Belcher was an early American composer in the New England psalmody tradition: he was born in Stoughton, Massachusetts, and later moved to Farmington, Maine. Most of his music was published in his collection The Harmony of Maine (1794).
View the Wikipedia article on Supply Belcher.
List of choral works
LIST BY TITLE
2. Secular Music
LIST BY FIRST LINE
- Dearest of all the names above
- Hail Thou King of saints
- Hark! some soft swell pants
- Now may my head be lifted high
- When God revealed his gracious name
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Belcher, Supply. 1794. The Harmony of Maine, Boston: Isaiah Thomas and Ebenezer T. Andrews. 104 pp.
- Holden, Oliver, Editor. 1797. The Worcester Collection of Sacred Harmony, Sixth Edition. Boston: Isaiah Thomas and Ebenezer T. Andrews. 143 pp.
- Davenport, Linda. 1996. Supply Belcher (1751-1836): The Collected Works. New York: Routledge. 144 pp.