Difference between revisions of "The Crucifixion (John Stainer)"
(corrected movements list)
(→Original text and translations: better cat)
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
Revision as of 04:23, 27 September 2009
Description: Tenor and Bass Soli and male Soli from the choir.
Movements (some available separately):
- Recit. And they came to a place named Gethsemane
- The Agony
- Processional to Calvary
- Recit. And when they were come
- The Mystery of the Divine Humiliation
- [Hymn] Cross of Jesus
- Recit. He made Himself of no reputation
- The Majesty of the Divine Humiliation
- Recit. And as Moses lifted up the serpent
- Chorus God so loved the world
- Litany of the Passion
- [Hymn] Holy Jesu, by Thy Passion
- Recit. Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them'
- Duet So Thou liftest Thy divine petition
- The Mystery of the Intercession
- [Hymn] Jesus, the Crucified, pleads for me
- Recit. And one of the malefactors
- The Adoration of the Crucified
- [Hymn] I adore Thee
- Recit. When Jesus therefore saw his mother
- Recit. Is it nothing to you?
- [Chorus] The appeal of the Crucified
- Recit. and Chorus After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished
- For the Love Of Jesus
- [Hymn] All for Jesus
- Listen to a free recording of God so loved the world (a movement of this work) from Coro Nostro, a mixed chamber choir based in Leicester, UK.
- Learn your notes for this work
- Review of a recording of a new orchestrated version by Barry Rose (2001)
- Guildford Camerata with Guildford Philharmonic Orchestra; newly orchestrated and directed by Barry Rose; Lammas Records (2001) (Website for purchase)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at The Crucifixion.