Welcome and thanks
Hi there and welcome to CPDL! Thank you very much for the translations that you have added so far, to the following pages:
- Lay a Garland (Robert Lucas Pearsall)
- The Blue Bird (Charles Villiers Stanford)
- Love's Tempest (Edward Elgar)
- My Delight and Thy Delight (Charles Hubert Hastings Parry)
- Weep, O Mine Eyes (John Bennet)
- Fair Phyllis I saw (John Farmer)
- My Love dwelt in a Northern Land, Op. 18, No. 3 (Edward Elgar)
Unfortunately, there is a problem with the copyright notice that you have attached to these translations. The reason for this is that the CPDL license applies to all contributions added to CPDL, and scores which are uploaded to CPDL and reside on the CPDL server. When you were editing the pages, you may have noticed the text above the edit summary and "Save page" button which reads:
"By submitting a contribution to CPDL, you agree to release your contribution under the CPDL copyright license (see our copyright page for details). This means that others will be able to view, edit and reproduce your work freely, both on this site and elsewhere."
Therefore, there are two ways that we may proceed:
- Delete your translations from CPDL if you wish to retain the copyright for yourself.
- Keep the translations and adapt your notice to something like "Poetic translation released under the CPDL license by Jan-Frerk Burmester. The translator would appreciate feedback if you use his translations - please email: jf.burmester(a)web.de "
It would be great if you're willing to release your work under the CPDL license but if not, I will be forced to remove them. Please let me know your decision. Regards --Bobnotts talk 08:46, 12 February 2008 (PST)