Weep, weep mine eyes (John Wilbye)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 75 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 23/12/17.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-27). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 55 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-01). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 85 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Sara Manley (submitted 2004-12-03). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 160 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 1999-06-18). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 97 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Weep, weep mine eyes
Composer: John Wilbye
Description: No. 23 from The 2nd Set of Madrigals
Original text and translations
Weep, weep, mine eyes, my heart can take no rest.
Weep, weep, my heart, mine eyes shall ne'er be blest.
Weep eyes, weep heart, and both this accent cry:
A thousand deaths I die, Flaminia.
Ay me, ah cruel Fortune! ay me.
Now, Leander, to die I fear not.
Death, do thy worst! I care not!
I hope when I am dead in Elysian plain
To meet, and there with joy we'll love again.