Born: 15 October 70 BCE
Died: 21 September 19 BCE
Publius Vergilius Maro was a classical Roman poet, best known for three major works—the Eclogues (or Bucolics), the Georgics, and the Aeneid—although several minor poems are also attributed to him.
The son of a farmer, Virgil came to be regarded as one of Rome's greatest poets. His Aeneid can be considered a national epic of Rome and has been extremely popular from its publication to the present day.
- The above is an excerpt from Wikipedia. For the full article, click here.
- See also Dido and Aeneas
- Dulces exuviae (Adrian Willaert)
- Dulces exuviae (Anonymous)
- Dulces exuviae (Douglas Leedy)
- Dulces exuviae (Josquin des Prez)
- Dulces exuviae (Marbrianus de Orto)
- Dulces exuviae (Orlando di Lasso)
- Nerine Galatea (Jens Klimek)
- O socii durate (Adrian Willaert)
- Tityre tu patulae recubans (Orlando di Lasso)
add web links here