Jumblies Suite (John Kilpatrick)
- Editor: John Kilpatrick (submitted 2014-12-30). Score information: A4, 118 pages, 832 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The edition is that performed at the Buxton Festival Fringe in 2014.
- Scores available:
- Full Score (in concert pitch) 118 pages
- Vocal Score (with piano reduction) 54 pages
- Parts for piano, wind and percussion each 12 to 16 pages
- Also available:
- General scheme of the work; libretto.
Title: Jumblies Suite (The Story of the Jumblies)
Composer: John Kilpatrick
Lyricist: Poems by Edward Lear with linking sections by the composer
Description: A 35 minute suite with introductory & linking sections for tenor solo and piano, and choral numbers with wind ensemble. A version of "The Owl and the Pussy-cat" must be separately sourced: either that by Hely-Hutchinson, or the one by Stravinsky. Some solo instruments and percussion are included in the linking sections. The work includes accompanied versions of The Jumblies and The Dong, of which a cappella editions can be found on CPDL.
1. The Book (tenor & piano)
2. The Owl and the Pussy-cat (to be separately sourced)
3. The Author (tenor, piano, choir)
4. How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear (choir & ensemble)
5. Preamble to The Jumblies (tenor & piano)
6. The Jumblies (choir & ensemble)
7. Preamble to The Dong (tenor & piano)
8. The Dong [with the luminous nose] (choir & ensemble)
Original text and translations
- Complete text from the composer's website