Lamentations a 6 (Robert White)
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2018-05-15). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 30 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This file contains only 14 bars of the Frykman edition of White's Lamentations for six voices, starting at bar 145. In the full score, this section is presented as a duo, and, without access to an original source, it is impossible to know whether there is any indication as to whether or not the composer intended this section to be a trio instead, incorporating a part shown in the missing Tenor partbook. Whether such a part is needed is a matter of opinion and conjecture, therefore, but one is supplied here.
- Editor: Gervais Frykman (submitted 2017-11-08). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 166 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The outer clefs are C1 and C5, which imply downward transposition, of a tone in this case. Then the upward transposition of a tone due to the pitch change leaves us where we were, but better informed. The alto parts are laid out for high tenors. The treble part is unusually low, perhaps responding to the sombre text. If transposed down, the tenor part is for a bass.
- The tenor part has been lost except for two fragments in Paston sources. The rest has been reconstructed.
- There is a mean gymell at Omnis Populus. Editorial accidentals are marked with a small circle.
- MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Lamentations a 6
Composer: Robert White
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Lamentations of Jeremiah. Chapter 1 verses 8 - 13