Magnificat II (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2018-02-03). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 25 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Original text and translations
1. My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Rejoicing in his holiness;
For he hath looked with favor on
His servant in her lowliness.
2. All ages now shall call me blessed;
The mighty one hath strengthened me;
Throughout all generations now
Them that fear him will have mercy.
3. He hath displayed his right arm's strength,
Scattered the proud in their conceit,
Exalted now the humble, meek,
Put down the mighty from their seat.
4. The hungry he hath filled with good;
The rich he sent empty away,
As once he promised Abraham
And our forefathers in their day.
5. All glory to the Father, Son,
And to the Holy Spirit be;
As from the first it was, is now,
And will be for eternity.