Alias: Fraser Wilson
Born: 7 May 1984
Having spent time in the east of England, in Scotland and in Sheffield, Peter now lives and works in Dublin.
He is an active composer, and he has had choral works commissioned and premièred by numerous choirs and individuals. His continually expanding catalogue of compositions includes a considerable number of works for the church. Among his most recently completed works are two settings of the Magnificat and Nunc dimittis and a dramatic setting of the Reproaches for use within the Good Friday liturgy. He is currently working on the first two movements of the Candle Mass and a large-scale work for the First Eucharist of the Nativity. Future projects include the completion of his Concerto for piano and string orchestra and a large-scale work for a service of meditation.
Further information can be found online here.
List of choral works
- A number of Anglican chants
- The Candle Mass (Sanctus, Benedictus, Agnus Dei) (Kyrie and Gloria in production) (SATB + SSB solos)
- Come down, O Love divine (descant)
- Communion Service for Easter Day for Choir, Organ and Brass (SATB 2tpt flg org)
- Communion Service for Men's Voices
- Eight-part Amen
- The First Evening Service for Trebles for the boys of Saint Bartholomew's, Dublin
- The Second Evening Service for the gentlemen of Saint Bartholomew's, Dublin
- Gospel Acclamation for Easter Day (with a debt of thanks to John Scott)
- I heard a voice from heaven (SATB + S solo)
- I know that my Redeemer liveth (SATB + Bar solo)
- Matin and Vesper Responsories for Advent Sunday (SATB + S solo)
- Now the green blade riseth (descant)
- One star made infinite (manuscript) (SATB div)
- Preces and Responses for Men's Voices
- The Reproaches (SATB + SA solos)
- There is no Rose (SATB)
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL