Born: 10 March
Segun Akinfenwa is a Nigerian pianist, organist, Choral Conductor and music administrator, trained under a veteran musician and mentor, Samuel Adeolu Ojo in general musicianship and piano playing.
He proceeded to have advanced training in Organ playing under the tutelage of the celebrated Nigeria Organist; Pa. Kayode Oni (FTCL).
He also plays and teaches other musical instruments such as the Guitar and Saxophone, with grounded knowledge in Music Education, Music Theory, Piano, Singing, Composition, Choral Conducting, Choral Ensemble, Opera, Music Production, Orchestral Music, Recording, Musical Theatre and Chamber Music.
He has served as Organist/Choir director in various denominational churches in Nigeria, the list includes: Canon Babatunde Memorial Anglican Church, Apata-Ibadan, Methodist Church Nigeria, Odo-ona, Ibadan, St. Mary's Anglican Church Oluyole Estate, Ibadan, Christ Apostolic Church, Adamasingba, Ibadan and St. Paul's Anglican Church Odo-ona, Ibadan.
He studied Psychology at the University of Ibadan, He is presently the Organist/Choirmaster at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church Ogudu, Lagos.
Segun Akinfenwa was formerly the Vice-President of the Association of Church Musicians (Ibadan South Diocese Chapter), He directed the Diocesan Choir before relocating to Lagos, he was also formerly the Vice-President of the Nightingales International Choral Group under the directorship of Rev. Yemi Akinpelu.
He has conducted several major Choral works such as:
- "ADORATION" (a Sacred Cantata) by P. G. Larbalestier. (April 2007 and April 2014)
- "ARA YE D'ORO" (a Yoruba sacred cantata) by E. O. Christopher (April 2008)
- "A JOYFUL THANKSGIVING" (a Sacred Cantata) by Caleb Simper (Oct. 2015)
- "THE VICTOR'S THRONE" (a Sacred Cantata) by Fred W. Peace (April 2016)
His Organ repertoire includes:
- Fela Sowande Organ works
- J. S. Bach
List of choral repertoire:
- Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
- Giuseppe Ottavio Pitoni
- J. S. Bach
- G. F. Handel
- Felix Mendelssohn
- Ludwig van Beethhoven (Romantic - Classical)
- Joseph Haydn
- W. A.Mozart
Moses Hogan (American Composer)
Fela Sowande (Nigerian Composer)
A. R. Gaul
Ayo Oluranti (Nigerian Composer)
He has written several descants to common hymn tunes and also arranged a Yoruba sacred cantata "Ar’aye d'oro".
List of choral works
- There are no scores available at this time. Please click here to add a new edition, or here for help.
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
Some of his unpublished works are:
- Ar’aye d’oro (A passion and sacred cantata)
- Gbogbo aye gbe Jesu ga (Medley of popular hymn tunes)
- The Lord's Prayer (Re-arangement)
- Ire gbogbo (Re-arrangement)
add web links here