The grace of God cannot be fixed (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-23). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Original text and translations
1. The grace of God cannot be fixed
or fastened to a sanctioned spot:
when we move as the Spirit moves,
there is no place where God is not.
2. We cannot tell the rain to fall
or change the world with every prayer,
and yet in every place we go
the grace of God is there --
3. To mend the broken, tend the sick,
to share the struggles of the poor,
to fight for justice, work for peace,
to warn the foolish and the sure.
4. God, may we bring this consciousness
to every circumstance we face --
With every need you also pair
the possibility of grace.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.