Born: 31 May 1720
Died: 22 February 1785
Thomas Gibbons was an English dissenting clergyman and hymnist.
View the Wikipedia article on Thomas Gibbons.
Musical settings of literary works
- Harts (Angels! Roll the rock away!) (Benjamin Milgrove)
- Now let our souls on wings sublime (Thomas Clark)
- Sicily (Oliver Holden)
- Calvinism and Nonconformity defended, 1740
- Sermons on various subjects, 1762 (including a hymn appended to each of the 15 sermons)
- Rhetoric, 1767
- Female Worthies, 2 vols., 1777
- Juvenilia; Poems on various subjects of Devotion and Virtue, 1750
- Hymns adapted to Divine worship in two books … partly collected front various authors, but principally composed by Thomas Gibbons, 1769
- The Christian Minister in three poetical epistles to Philander, 1772
- An English version of the Latin Epitaphs on the Nonconformist's Memorial, 1775
- Select Portions of Scripture, and Remarkable Occurrences, 1781
- Hymns adapted to Divine worship in two books … by Thomas Gibbons, 1784.
add web links here