Thomas Shoel was a weaver of Montacute, Somerset, a poet, and the composer of seven books of psalmody: William Lisle Bowles was a patron of his musical work. The subscribers to Shoel's second musical collection Twenty-Four Psalm Tunes include the composer William Gifford, of nearby South Petherton.
View the Wikipedia article on Thomas Shoel.
List of choral works
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Thirty Psalm Tunes, [c1794?]; enlarged second edition [1802-5]
- Twenty-Four Psalm Tunes, 
- Third Book Psalm Tunes Hymns & Anthems, 1802
- Thirty New Tunes, [c1806]
- The Chearful Psalmodist, (1809)
- Shoel's Sixth Book, 
- Twenty Psalm or Hymn Tunes [c1814]
add web links here