Where art thou wanton? (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-13). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 33 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of 14974, with corrections. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-03-14). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 66 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: In partbook format
Title: Where art thou wanton?
Composer: Thomas Morley
Description: No. 17 from Canzonets for three voices
Original text and translations
Where art thou wanton, where art thou,
and I so long about have sought thee?
See where thy true love true
His heart to keep hath brought thee.
Then why dost thou hide thee?
O why dost thou hide thee?
Still I follow thee,
but thou fliest me;
O why fliest thou me?
Say unkind and do no more deride me.