Mars in a fury (Thomas Weelkes)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-07). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #12664, with corrections, especially to the misplaced underlay of the Quintus. In most cases, the correct position of the lyrics is obvious from the word emphasis and comparison with other parts. Otherwise, the underlay in the Christoph Konig version has been used. Revised files uploaded 14/02/17.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-09-21). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Christoph König (submitted 2003-08-02). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 51 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Scorch file also available
Title: Mars in a fury
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
Mar in a fury ‘gainst Love’s brightest queen,
Put on his helm and took him to his lance,
And marching to the mount this warrior was seen,
And there his ensigns did the god advance,
And by heaven’s greatest gates he stoutly swore,
Venus should die for she had wrong’d him sore.