Come, ye souls by sin afflicted (Samuel Sebastian Wesley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2009-12-26). Score information: A4, 1 page, 20 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Original text and translations
1. Come, ye souls by sin afflicted,
Bowed with fruitless sorrow down,
By the broken Law convicted,
Through the Cross behold the crown;
Look to Jesus;
Mercy flows through him alone.
2. Blessed are the eyes that see him,
Blest the ears that hear his voice;
Blessed are the souls that trust him
And in him alone rejoice;
Then become their happy choice.
3. Take his easy yoke and wear it;
Love will make obedience sweet;
Christ will give you strength to bear it,
While his wisdom guides your feet.
Safe to glory,
Where his ransomed captives meet.
4. Sweet as home to pilgrims weary,
Light to newly opened eyes,
Or full springs in deserts dreary,
Is the rest the Cross supplies;
All who taste it
Shall to rest immortal rise.