Jump to navigation Jump to search
<< 2004 • 2006 >>
2005 news (most recent listed first)
December 19, 2005
- Due to an increase in spam attacks on CPDL, any user who wants to edit a page must first register a username. This is free, and should help to reduce spamming. ~Wombat
November 22, 2005
- LilyPond extension has been added. Now musical examples can be rendered on wiki pages. See Ave verum corpus, KV 618 (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) for an example. By the way LilyPond is a notation program. Admin
October 13, 2005
- Lots of changes have taken place. There are now four administrators, and several contributors. Main Page and navigation menu have been modified. Many links have been fixed, categories have been added. To see a list of changes check Recentchanges
September 25, 2005
September 22, 2005
- Reformatted this current events page. ~Wombat
September 20, 2005
September 17, 2005
- Added new link to the Composers page; new page lists ChoralWiki:Composers (ordered by number of scores). (Obsolete: replaced by ChoralWiki:Popular composers)
September 16, 2005
- 100 scores added, including several large works by George Frideric Handel.
September 12, 2005
- 50 more scores added.
- Requested scores from the old website added (many broken links).
September 11, 2005
- Over 100 scores added.
- Automatic score adding revamped.
- 100 translations now available (200 to go).
- Over 500 Orphaned pages fixed.
September 6, 2005
- "Add composer" and "Add works" items have been fixed.
- It is now possible to add scores automatically to CPDL.
- 30 translations have been added.
- One person has volunteered to help administer the website.
September 4, 2005
- Page with over 200 translations has been added. (ChoralWiki:Translations/St. Ann Choir)
- 15 translations added.
September 2, 2005
- A SheetMusicPlus button has been added, along with a few other buttons.
- A link for viewing new scores has been added.
August 31, 2005
- A PayPal Donation button has been added, along with a 'links bar' at the bottom of the main page.
- Many broken links have been fixed (over 1000).
August 28, 2005
- Online forms for adding composer pages, or adding sheet music have now been added. Click here to add sheet music.
August 26, 2005
- Composer and Music categories have been completed.
- Links have been added to the menu on the lefthand side. These include subcategories which let you browse for scores. If you wish to do more advanced browsing you will need to use the search menu.
August 24, 2005
A lot has been happening! Here is a synopsis:
- The pages for all works are up (8,800 scores). There is a great deal of work to do with renaming and fixing links, but the composer and works pages are now cross-linked.
- There was a problem with the formatting of the composer pages, so they all had to be reposted. Sorry about that for folks who worked on revising the scores. Hopefully, this won't have to be done again!
- The CPDL scores server has gone done. It has nothing to do with this switchover, but it is an interesting coincidence.
- The Main Page, Templates, Categories, and Requests will be posted soon.
- I am looking for volunteers who would like to help edit or monitor these pages. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
August 22, 2005
- Scores are now available here. Use the search box at left to find scores. Only composer pages are up presently, scores pages will be up tomorrow. It may be difficult to find scores until the entire website is set up. You can change items on these pages, but you may wish to wait until the dust settles. Please be patient!
August 21, 2005
- The main CPDL website is acting up again (blank page). Rather than fix it again, I am porting the content to ChoralWiki. This is an experimental move!
August 19, 2005
- Test pages have been added for the works of Gabriel Fauré. This includes a basic composer page (with works list), 12 pages for his compositions (including the Fauré Requiem, and a few translation pages (i.e. Tu es Petrus). This is a quick and dirty job, so there are probably many errors. Please check them out, try editing them, and let me know what improvements you would like to see.
August 17, 2005
- ChoralWiki has been restored! Last month all articles (texts and translations) were lost. Luckily, I was able to save most of them via Google-cache. These pages will be re-established. In addition, over the next month most (perhaps all) of CPDL will be moved to these pages. Here is what has so far happened:
- All contributor pages have been ported over.
- All FAQ pages have been ported (some need to be changed).