Daphne on the rainbow riding (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-30). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 67 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A reformatting of #14892, transposed down a tone, and with tenor at the correct pitch. Revised files uploaded 01/02/17. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-10). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 29 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-11). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 46 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Daphne on the rainbow riding
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Published: 1598 in Canzonets to Four Voices.
Original text and translations
Daphne on the rainbow riding,
when all the gods were chiding,
fell suddenly amazed,
full ghastly then she gazed
and presently the god of anger frown'd
and in his fury down he flang/flung her.