Ne reminiscaris Domine
In the Liber usualis, the antiphon Ne reminiscaris Domine is associated with the 7 Penitential Psalms and with the Saturday of the 3rd week of September. It appeared in Cranmer's translation in the 1544 Exhortation and Litany as "Remember not Lord our offenses"' and was carried over into the Book of Common Prayer.
The second part, Parce Domine, has many additional separate settings.
Settings by composers
- in Latin
- Ne reminiscaris Domine (Francesco Barsanti) SAATB (without "Parce Domine")
- Ne reminiscaris (Mathieu Gascongne) STTB
- Orlando di Lasso (both in Moduli 4–9vv, 1577
- Ne reminiscaris (Pierre de Manchicourt) SATB
- Ne reminiscaris Domine (Peter Philips) SSATB
- Ne reminiscaris Domine (Jacob Regnart) SATB (quem redemisti pretioso sanguine tuo, ne in aeternum irascaris nobis)
- in English
Text and translations
Ne reminiscaris Domine delicta nostra,
From The Litany (Book of Common Prayer)