O Absalom my son (Charles King)
- Editor: St. John's College Freshman Chorus (submitted 2019-05-01). Score information: Unknown, 0 pages, 1.26 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: facsimile of Thomas Warren’s Catches, Catches, Canons, and Glees, 1762 p. 7, taken from IMPSLP at http://ks.imslp.net/files/imglnks/usimg/1/16/IMSLP260686-PMLP421496-Various(Warren)-CatchesEtc1-4.pdf
- Editor: St. John's College Freshman Chorus (submitted 2019-05-01). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 121 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A version sung at St. John's College in Annapolis, MD since at least the 1990s. This version differs slightly in timing and harmonies from the original by Charles King. Bb 4/4 time. It is similar to the version collected in Sol Weber, Rounds galore! : captivating rounds, old and new, Astoria, N.Y. : Astoria Press, 1994, p. 144. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: André Vierendeels (submitted 2014-12-15). Score information: A4, 1 page, 60 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: O Absalom my son
Composer: Charles King
- Original Edition at IMSLP
- Versions on hymnary.org
- John Hullah, ed., Part Music: Sacred Pieces. (Secular Pieces.) Music in score for the voices of women and children. London : John W. Parker, 1845, p. 16
- Clare, Edward, and Bernarr Rainbow. Psalmody : A Collection of the Most Approved Psalms, Hymns, Single & Double Chants, &c. &c. Arranged for Voice & Organ or Piano Forte. London: Robert Cocks, 1860, p. 22.
- Boston Musical Gazette: A Semi-monthly Journal vol 1 (July 11, 1838) p. 47.
Original text and translations
- See also Absalon, fili mi.
O Absalom my Son,
wou'd to God I had dy'd for Thee my Son.