Who prostrate lies (Thomas Bateson)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-17). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 88 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Transposed down a tone from the original key. Files revised 10/03/12 to reflect the 1840 facsimile. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 30/01/19.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-28). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 40 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer. Transposed down a minor third fron the original key.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 65 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: In original key. Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Who prostrate lies
Composer: Thomas Bateson
Description: No. 20 from The First Set of English Madrigals to 3, 4, 5, and 6 voices (Thomas Bateson)
Original text and translations
Who prostrate lies at women's feet,
And calls them darlings dear and sweet,
Protesting love and craving grace,
And praising oft a foolish face;
Are oftentimes deceiv'd at last,
Then catch at nought and hold it fast.